Fantastic Invention Protection Options
After Filing Your Provisional
Thank you for the opportunity to support you in your entrepreneurial adventure! I’m excited not only to help you secure any available patent rights in your invention, but also to contribute to the massive success of your venture. In furtherance of these objectives, I’m providing you valuable information concerning critical timing considerations, our unique qualifications for serving your needs, how we do business, and several options for protecting the investment you’ve made to get to this point. Please note that the pricing listed here is offered with no knowledge of your specific invention, and may not be applicable once we understand the specifics of your technology and the material and knowledge you have available to support building of a patent application.
Critical Timing to Avoid Loss of Available Patent Rights
Your provisional patent application for this invention will automatically expire on its one-year anniversary date. If a new regular (non-provisional) U.S. and/or international patent application claiming priority to this provisional application is not filed on or before this date (that is, if you don’t “convert” the provisional to a regular application), you will lose the right to claim priority to this application. The consequences of not “converting” could include loss of any available U.S. and international patent rights, depending on whether there were public (non-confidential) disclosures of the invention, and/or whether others have filed for patent protection prior to you or made their own public disclosures of the invention based on independent development. If you’re interested in pursuing international patent protection, you will also need to make some form of international filing on or before your provisional anniversary date to leverage the value of your provisional. If this is of interest, please let me know, and I’ll provide separate pricing.
Put 20 Years of World-Class Patent Training & Experience to Work for You
Fantastic IP Consulting was founded in 2011 by Eduardo Drake, with the sole focus of adding value to businesses, by not only designing and building strategic patents and other legal instruments that seek to capture competitive advantage and preserve profit margins, but also counseling on IP risk management, due diligence, and licensing issues. Eduardo Drake brings a creative and enthusiastic perspective to his work, viewing his role as trusted advisor and advocate to include equal parts diamond cutter, executive coach, teacher, and entrepreneur. Seasoned through 20 years of lawyering and five years of engineering, Eduardo has worked with information technologies, computer software, business methods, medical devices, and consumer products. He’s also enjoyed the good fortune of being recognized as a Minnesota Super Lawyer in the discipline of Intellectual Property Law for 8 years. Eduardo is a former shareholder in the law firm of Schwegman, Lundberg, & Woessner. During his 13 years at Schwegman, Eduardo worked with, learned from, and advised the in-house patent counsel of marquee companies such as Intel, HP, Honeywell, General Electric, Thomson Reuters, Micron Technology, Cardiac Pacemakers (now Boston Scientific), Cisco, and Microsoft. The firm, during this time, also earned 15 top-ten national rankings for the quality of its patent work. Before joining the legal profession, Eduardo worked as an engineer at General Electric Aerospace Electronics, designing radar systems and infrared-search-and-track systems. Eduardo earned his law degree at the University of Virginia in 1994. In addition to his passion for law, technology, and business, Eduardo is the devoted father of seventh-grade twins Carson and Elaina Drake. He also enjoys yoga, snowboarding, and sculpting, and is currently watering the seeds of two startup businesses.
Get the Advice and Info You Need When It Matters Most
At Fantastic IP Consulting, we believe that our business partners should know the price of the meal before they eat it. Therefore, we’re committed to articulating the scope and price of work before starting any project, and if necessary using a change-order process to ensure no-surprise invoicing. To that end, we’ve built a custom menu of clearly priced service packages for your consideration. We also know that businesses—big, small, or just starting— are dynamic enterprises operating in an ever-changing world. This means that the best advice, strategies, and tactics can grow stale and ineffective with changes in your objectives, in competitive activity, in customer tastes and preferences, in information about the prior art, and so forth. We, therefore, encourage our business partners to see our intellectual property security and related counseling as a continuous process, rather than a stand-alone event or milestone. Moreover, we know that we’re only as smart as you are. That’s right. If you’re not smart enough to call us with your questions and concerns based on your latest intell, then it doesn’t matter how brilliant we are, we won’t be able to put our brilliance to work for you. So, we see that part of our mission is to educate and train you. Accordingly, you’ll see that all our security service packages on the menu include built-in consultation options to ensure that you ask questions as they arise and update us with information about your business. We believe these on-going consultation options are a great mechanism for not only boosting your intellectual property IQ and getting us the latest intell, but ultimately creating a true collaborative partnership that expands the issue-spotting and decision-making capabilities of you and your team and adds significant value of your business. In the menu below, you’ll see that we’ve recently added a new option: The Platinum Fast-Track package, which puts you on the fast track to patenthood. This package leverages the new fast track program at the patent office, which moves you to the head of the line for examination, cutting the waiting time down for processing your application down from the average of nearly 3 years to 12 months or less. For computer technologies where wait times can easily exceed 4 or 5 years, the speed-up is even more dramatic. In May 2013, one client who purchased this package received a Notice of Allowance (approval of their application) from the patent office, 7 months after filing in November. I can’t promise you these results, but can say that if you think the chance of having a patent in hand within 12 months of filing is a great way to curb copycat competition, to get potential alliance partners and investors fired up about investing in your business, to get other companies to pay you licensing fees for your innovation, or to build excitement and momentum across your sales force, then the Platinum Fast-Track package may be a fantastic fit for you. Please note that at this juncture, I’ve not included pricing for services such as preparing and filing one or more design patent applications covering the appearance of your technology, or one or more trademark applications covering selected names, logos, or other commercially relevant phrases or taglines. As you move forward, we will want to keep in mind these additional and complementary tools for securing and enhancing the value of your business.
We're Different on Purpose
You may have noticed that we’re different. That our name and logo are different. This is no accident. They signify that we’re committed to being a hero to our clients, to being a new kind of legal champion, a new kind of advocate: One that’s as fired up about creating value in the world as the entrepreneurs we serve. One that’s committed to delivering wisdom, imagination, and enthusiasm in all its offerings. And one that stands behind all its services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
In closing, I thank you for this opportunity to be of service, and invite you to call (612-437-1773) or write me at Eduardo@FantasticIPconsulting.com
with any questions or concerns you have. We look forward to contributing to your massive success, in any way we can. Very truly yours,
Eduardo E. Drake Founder, Registered Patent Attorney Fantastic IP Consulting, llc
Fantastic Invention Protection Menu
- 20-Year-Veteran Patent Attorney Background & Summary to Promote Value of Invention without Compromising Breadth of Protection Legal Description of 2 Variations of Your Invention to Reduce Coverage Gaps and Add Value for Licensees 12 Claims Protecting 2 Variations of Your Invention from Design-Around and Prior Art Attacks Guide to How To Review A Patent Application All Patent Office Fees Applicable Drawing Services Electronic Filing Services After-Filing Status Emails 1.5 Hours of Patent Training, Legal Advice, & Licensing Coaching via Email, Telephone & Skype over 12-Month After-Filing Period 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*
- 20-Year-Veteran Patent Attorney Background & Summary to Promote Value of Invention without Compromising Breadth of Protection Legal Description of 2 Variations of Your Invention to Reduce Coverage Gaps and Add Value for Licensees 20 Claims Protecting 2 Variations of Your Invention from Design-Around and Prior Art Attacks Guide to How to Review a Patent Application All Patent Office Fees Applicable Drawing Services Electronic Filing Services After-Filing Status Emails 3.0 Hours of Patent Training, Legal Advice, & Licensing Coaching via Email, Telephone & Skype over 12-Month After-Filing Period 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*
- 20-Year-Veteran Patent Attorney Background & Summary to Promote Value of Invention without Compromising Breadth of Protection Legal Description of 4 Variations of Your Invention to Reduce Coverage Gaps and Add Value for Licensees 25 Claims Protecting 4Variations of Your Invention From Design-Around and Prior Art Attacks Guide To How to Review a Patent Application All Patent Office Fees Applicable Drawing Services Electronic Filing Services After-Filing Status Emails 5.0 Hours of Patent Training, Legal Advice, & Licensing Coaching via Email, Telephone & Skype over 12-Month After-Filing Period 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*
- 20-Year-Veteran Patent Attorney Background & Summary to Promote Value of Invention without Compromising Breadth of Protection Legal Description of 6 Variations of Your Invention to Reduce Coverage Gaps and Add Value for Licensees 30 Claims Protecting 6 Variations of Your Invention From Design-Around and Prior Art Attacks Guide to How to Review a Patent Application All Patent Office Fees Applicable Drawing Services Electronic Filing Services After-Filing Status Emails 5.0 Hours of Patent Training, Legal Advice, & Licensing Coaching via Email, Telephone & Skype over 12-Month After-Filing Period 100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Fast-Track 12-Month Patent Office Accelerator to Save 18 Months of Waiting, includes 3-Pack of Examiner Negotiation Sessions (Office Action Responses). See exclusions below.
*100% Satisfaction Guarantee, Trust Account & Maximum Refund Policy
- Please note that we do not deposit any portion of your payment in a trust account.
- Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is a service guarantee; we cannot guarantee specific legal results.
- If you are not completely satisfied with the consultation services performed by us, we will, at your option, either refund 100% of the maximum available refund for the services rendered, or refund that portion of the maximum available refund that results in your 100% satisfaction with the services rendered for the amount paid.
- Our Maximum Refund Policy rewards your active engagement with us and requires that you let us know about any dissatisfaction within one week of its occurrence, so that we can not only work to satisfy you, but also learn how to serve you better going forward. After seven days, our ability to cure may be severely limited; so we have discretion as to any refund amount.
- Maximum Available Refund (MAR): If you terminate our representation prior to delivery of the first draft of your non-provisional patent application, the MAR is 70% of the purchase price paid; after delivery of the first draft, the MAR is 50% of the purchase price paid; and after filing of the non-provisional patent application, the maximum available refund is 30% of the purchase price paid less any government filing fees that were paid.
- We want you as a permanent thriving member of our growing family and are committed to contributing to your massive success in any way we can.
Exclusions from Platinum Fast-Track
The Fast-Track Examination Accelerator includes a 3-Pack of Examiner Negotiation Sessions (Office Action Responses). This is a Fantastic add-on that we’re very proud to offer, giving you extraordinary value and rock-solid budget certainty in taking your application through the patent office examination process over the next 12 months. Please note however, that if we’re successful in gaining allowance of the application, this add-on does not include payment of the Patent Office issue fees and related processing fees, nor payment of any maintenance fees for the issued patent. We’ll discuss these as soon as our patent examiner indicates that we’re on track to receive on. If we’re unsuccessful in gaining allowance and receive a final rejection, we’ll have a number of options available to us to continue our march to patenthood, for example filing a Request for Continued Examination or an Appeal. These options are not included in the package, and would require additional investment. If this is our situation, please note that we’ll have a frank and straightforward discussion about all our options and any additional investments before any work is done. We’re here to support your massive success… in any way we can.